Monday, June 15, 2015

My life right now

   Just thought I would send you all an update this morning my life has been full of ups and downs over the past month. At the beginning of may I was so excited that we finally had several goats and chickens but then towards the middle of the month our chickens unexpectedly started dying we lost 8 in the course of one week. 3 to being eaten by animals and 5 to coccidia which was heart breaking but all is good now and all are healthy. 

   Then May 18th sitting here home alone the phone rings and my fathers coworker thinking I am my mom tells me I need to come down to my dads work because he had been in a motorcycle after he realized who he was talking to he assured me that he was awake. It turns out that a truck was in the process of breaking down and in the attempt to get out of LA traffic he cut across 3 lanes of traffic at a 45* angle. In his attempt he cut off my father multiple times but at first my dad had noticed the truck. After being cut off yet again in the far right lane my dad moved to the shoulder to get around the truck where the truck proceeded directly in front of my father no blinkers or any warning. My father got hooked on the bumper of the truck where he broke is collar bone on impact and was spun backwards and thrown 15 feet into a cement wall where he fractured 2 vertebrate and 4 ribs.
   I thank God that 3 nurses and an EMT were in the vehicle behind them and were able to get him steady in case his back was in fact broken and an impossible 7 minutes in LA rush hour the ambulance arrived and took my father to the trauma center where unfortunately to trauma was about to start. When he arrived they had him in a back and neck brace laying flat on his back which made it hard to breathe due to his ribs. 5 hours later when my mom and granma finally made it to the hospital my dad was able to be sat up because none of the nurses or doctors were listening to him. 7 hours after being admitted my mom was able to beg the nurse to give him water or start intravenous fluids because he was becoming severely dehydrated. At 8 oclock the next morning 14 hours after the accident my dad was discharged because they were unable to do anything for him because we do not live in Los Angeles county. Thankfully my mom knew and orthopedic surgeon and was able to get him in the next day to make sure there wasn't anything wrong because we couldn't tell he was up and walking he just felt like a giant bruise. This is when we found out his injuries. after several weeks of trying to get his ribs healed my dad was able to get his shoulder and collar bone pinned back together June 1st. How ever we do know that God has been with us because June 8th my dad was able to return to work and June 14th he is starting to relearn how to drive since he doesn't have full motion in his left shoulder. One good thing did come out of this accident though he and my family have been re-evaluating their health. With this new found support I have lost almost a full pant size in the past 3 weeks which has been a goal of mine for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment