First I looked at the bible and saw what it called us as Christians to do. I then took those items that jumped at me either because of an interest or feeling as though God pasted it in my mind where I could never shake it. For me what stood out was teaching, especially his word, and even though it is not something we are necessarily regularly called to do I have felt the need to provide wholesome food for people.
Once these topics stuck (teaching being one that has been in my soul since around 4th grade) I prayed about them and asked what God wanted me to do with these paths and how they could intertwine and still be productive. After a while I have seen through prayers that I can teach from my farm and show our next generation about God's word, his creation and his creatures. Whilst still giving them an education that will help them communicate what they have learned to the rest of the world.
I continually pray about my path in this world and just like the world it is always changing and building. Like I said I have been called to teach since 4th grade and now I am taking teaching and widening it to more unusual teaching matters like farming. And who knows day by day I feel as though adopting or fostering children is going to be a huge part of my life.
This was my journey and it's still going but here are some steps to start yours:
- Read your bible
- Are there any people, jobs, words or verses that jump out to you? (example: teach, herd, Proverbs 27:23-27)
- Pray, ask God why those verses or words ect...
- Look at your hobbies, skills and interest. How do they connect with everything?
- Pray for guidance to keep your choices in a field of work good in God's eyes
- Start taking steps or jump right in to make your calling happen.